This is a public Topic to discuss everything related to Quantexa training - content posted here will be visible to all. To raise a question please visit the Academy Q&A Topic

FAQ: I'm having trouble pasting into my VDI

Options
Dan_Pryer
Dan_Pryer Posts: 1,663 QUANTEXA TEAM
edited February 2023 in Academy

FAQ relevant for: all Academy versions

At various points of the Quantexa Academy it will be useful to be able to paste text into your VDI. This might be to run a script or to use some example code that we provide. If you are having some issues or your paste command isn't working for the VDI, then it could be to do with a security setting in your browser, where you will need to enable access to the clipboard for the VDI site.

To do this in Chrome, you can select the padlock icon to the left of the URL at the top of your browser window when on your VDI tab, and then make sure to enable the clipboard. Once this is enabled you should see a clipboard style icon to the right of the URL bar:

Once you have the clipboard enabled, you should be able to paste into the VDI in the usual ways*:

• Ctrl + V
  • Ctrl + Shift + V (for the Terminator terminal)
  • Right click -> Paste

Let us know below if you still have issues with pasting after trying the above!

*Note that for external customers and partners, you may have additional security features on your computer that may block pasting, even after you have tried the above.

Dan Pryer - Senior Data Engineer

R&D - Decision Systems / Detection Packs

Did my reply answer your question? Then why not mark it as having answered in the bottom right corner of my post! 😁

Tagged:

Comments

• Felix_Dilke
    Felix_Dilke Posts: 2 QUANTEXA TEAM
    Options

I'm having trouble getting this to work with Safari. There's no padlock or other visible obvious way to enable copy/paste, which would be very useful for storing command lines and code snippets

• Dan_Pryer
    Dan_Pryer Posts: 1,663 QUANTEXA TEAM
    Options

Hey @Felix_Dilke , apologies I don't have any experience of Safari myself, might be worth a google.. not sure if its something to do with the settings of the Mac OS itself?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22885658/copy-paste-from-mac-to-virtual-box

Alternatively you could either:

1. just use chrome for this activity
    2. store all of the commands in a text file on the VDI itself

Let us know if none of the above are useful!

Dan Pryer - Senior Data Engineer

R&D - Decision Systems / Detection Packs

Did my reply answer your question? Then why not mark it as having answered in the bottom right corner of my post! 😁

• Felix_Dilke
    Felix_Dilke Posts: 2 QUANTEXA TEAM
    Options

thanks, I'm now using Chrome and can successfully copy/paste. No clue why this doesn't work in Safari

User Profiles
Academy Topic Owners
Feel free to ask our Topic Owners a question on all things related to our Academy
Academy Team Lead
Academy Team Lead
Academy Team Lead
HTML tutorial