This is a public Topic for those getting started with the Community and Quantexa Platform - content posted here will be visible to all.
📈 Getting the most out of the Quantexa Community 📈
Here are some tips and tricks for using the Quantexa Community:
- Check out our Welcome post - full of information on how to get started.
- Use the reactions. These let you share how you feel about other’s comments. The most liked content shows up on the Best Of page.
- Mention others. Put an @ symbol before the username to mention someone. They’ll get notified when you do.
- Update your notification preferences. You’ll receive a notification if someone mentions you or posts to a discussion that you’ve bookmarked. You can set notifications from the Edit Profile page.
- Don’t want to see everyone’s signature? You can hide signatures by going to Edit Profile > Signature Settings.
- Check out the forum from your mobile phone. Just go to the forum URL in your browser - no need to download an app.
- Want to embed a YouTube video, a Pinterest Pin or a Tweet? Just paste in the link. the Quantexa Community will handle the embedding for you!
- Check out what’s going on with other community members on the Activity page.
Get the most out of Q&A:
- Keep your posts relevant to the Topic. For example, some of the Topics may facilitate technical questions and others will be for best practice & strategy discussion.
- Before hitting submit, read your question back from the perspective of a person with no background knowledge of what you are working on. Does your question give them enough information?
- Question titles are extremely important, try to include specific information e.g. an error message in the title if possible. "Feature X not working" or "Issue with search" are too broad and will prevent others with the same issue from finding your question.
- Search to see if a question you'd like answered has already been posted by somebody else. Posting the same question repeatedly and starting multiple threads on the same subject can be confusing.
- If you ask a question and later find the answer – asking and answering your own question is highly encouraged! The answer may help someone later down the line.
- We want the Quantexa Community to be a invaluable, growing knowledge base so please don’t forget to ‘mark as a best answer’ or ‘react’ if you see a question or answer that is helpful.
- Use tags – tags help organise threads and make themes easier to find!
- Try to format code examples, logs and links nicely. Screenshots of text are not encouraged, as they are often hard to read, and won't appear in search results.
Find this post helpful? Why not 'like' it below.