What are the limitations of standard MDM?
I've been discussing this with a colleague of mine earlier today, and I came up with the following list:
- Increased interest of “transactional” style MDM rather than traditional “registry” style MDM
- Adoption of specialized units/teams at organization to look after “single view”, often under different names of MDM like One Customer View
- Probably globally, but within Australia privacy and compliance are highly stressed on for such programs (i.e MDM programs)
- Utilizing AI/ML for automation, but also to increase accuracy
- Although AI/MI is overhyped, and everyone do want to use them; cautious is increasing, and organizations are looking for ways to have fully transparent and explainable models.
What are your thoughts on these, and what do you currently experience as noteworthy trends in this area?